Our work focuses on families with children, who are the unintended victims of homelessness. Homeless children get sick and go hungry twice as often as other children. They are more prone to depression and anxiety and less likely to do well in school. We help these children and their families cope with the complex problems they face while we guide families to find permanent, affordable housing.
Our Shelter program combines a private, safe setting and basic necessities with effective, individualized case management services for homeless families with children. We strive to keep parents and children together as they work toward becoming stable and productive in their homes, jobs, and schools.
We help families with children find or maintain safe, permanent housing. Our program balances strong case management services with financial assistance, when needed, for families coming from a shelter or those facing eviction. Our goal is to help families become independent within 12 to 18 months.
The Outreach to Homeless Families Program was created to provide immediate help to Homeless Families that had not had help previously. Families are referred to Friends Association through ConnectPoints and a case manager immediately begins working with families to assist them in accessing emergency benefits, housing coordination and employment assistance.
Give the gift of security
to a family
Would you like to help families set up a new home?
It's easy—join our SOS Network.
- Giant or Acme gift cards for food
- Kmart or Walmart gift cards for clothing and other necessities
- NEW bed pillows
- Rite Aid cards for formula, diapers, medications (Rite Aid is walking distance from the shelter)
- New twin size bed sheets, blankets, and bedspreads
- New kitchen and bath linens
- Paper products: paper towels, toilet paper, and napkins
- Personal care items: shampoo, toothpaste, etc.
- And for fun . . . movie gift cards