Ways to Give
A recurring theme among parents seeking entry into our Emergency Family Shelter and Homeless Prevention Program is how hard they worked to avoid becoming homeless. By the time they reach our doors, most of our clients have tried everything to provide stable housing for their children. They've borrowed money for rent, taken second jobs, and slept on couches in relative's homes. For some it is a matter of pride and some are fearful due to the way shelters are portrayed on TV and movies.
As one young mother, Aleesa, summed up "I'm willing to do the work. I understand my choices have landed me here. I hadn't intended to be a single parent. I'm not looking for handouts, but sometimes when I'm juggling all of these things, I need some help."
This is where you - and Friends Association - come in. Because you have given your time, resources or both, we are able to help families like Aleesa's get back on their feet.
If you would like to speak to someone directly about making a gift to Friends Association, please contact:
Robin Meixner, Development Director
Phone: 610-431-3598, ext 204
Or become a SUSTAINER OF HOPE to provide ongoing support to our families and children.
DONATE BY MAIL
Download our printable form
DONATE BY PHONE
Call Robin Meixner at 610-431-3598, ext 204
Friends Association is a tax exempt 501(c)3 non-profit. Gifts are tax deductible to the extent of tax laws-consult with your tax advisor.
To identify us to:
- United Way of Southeastern PA: use ID number 5280
- United Way of Delaware: use ID number 2576
- ALL other United Way Agencies: identify us by our
name and address:
113 West Chestnut Street
West Chester, PA 19380
By Mail Print our donation form and choose "In Honor of" or "In Memory of." Mail it with your donation. We will send a thank you letter to you and send a letter of recognition to your honoree. Download form now
By Phone Please call Robin Meixner at 610-431-3598, ext 204, to make an Honor or Memorial gift by phone.
Planned Giving and Wills
Create your legacy by giving a gift that will ensure that the services for homeless families will continue for years to come. Include Friends Association in your will or create a planned gift now to create tax advantages for your family.
- In your will (a bequest);
- Designate Friends Association as beneficiary to life insurance or annuity contract, or IRA; or,
- Create a planned gift to create tax advantages for your family.
In your will, or add as codicil (addition) to your will:
“I give ____% or $_______ or the remainder of this estate to Friends Association for Care and Protection of Children, 113 West Chestnut Street, West Chester, PA 19380.”
*Remember that you can name FA after you have considered gifts to your family and other beneficiaries.
Contact us by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 610-431-3598 x204.
Gifts of Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds
Start by calling 610-431-3598 x204 or via e-mail email@example.com . We will guide you through the process. (And it is a smart way to gift, as you have no capital gain taxes on the value gains!)
Give the gift of security
to a family
Would you like to help families set up a new home?
It's easy—join our SOS Network.
- Giant or Acme gift cards for food
- Kmart or Walmart gift cards for clothing and other necessities
- NEW bed pillows
- Rite Aid cards for formula, diapers, medications (Rite Aid is walking distance from the shelter)
- New twin size bed sheets, blankets, and bedspreads
- New kitchen and bath linens
- Paper products: paper towels, toilet paper, and napkins
- Personal care items: shampoo, toothpaste, etc.
- And for fun . . . movie gift cards