If you are experiencing homelessness CALL 2-1-1 FOR ASSISTANCE or TEXT YOUR ZIP CODE TO 898-211.
Help us end family homelessness.
PA’s oldest continuously operating child welfare agency
- 1822: Our beginning as an orphanage in Philadelphia
- 1915: Shelter and education for girls, Cheyney, PA
- 1974: Friends Shelter for Girls, West Chester, PA
- 1982: Friends Association for Care and Protection of Children-broad range of child welfare services in Chester County
- Currently: Focus on preventing homelessness and sheltering families with children
For over 197 years Friends Association has provided essential social services for children and families addressing current needs and adopting current “best practices” of the day. Our programs, which have changed over time in response to the needs of those we serve and the needs of the community, currently focus on families experiencing homelessness.
Our goal is to strengthen our community by helping the families we serve find or maintain permanent housing and achieve stability and self-sufficiency.
In the 10 years since the Homelessness to Independence Initiative in conjunction with the HUD Homeless Prevention Rapid Re-Housing Program began, we have worked with hundreds of families, helping them regain stability, secure jobs, move to and maintain permanent housing and achieve financial self-sufficiency.
We work with all families experiencing homelessness in Chester County regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, marital status, affiliation or orientation. We are the only homeless program to work with single parents, two-parent, grandparent, multi-generational and same-sex partner families. We believe in helping to strengthen the family unit configured as they are when they come to us.